Patch News

Rent And Utility Assistance Programs For Travis County Residents

PFLUGERVILLE, TX— Travis County residents in need of rent and utility assistance amid the COVID-19 health crisis, may apply online at one of the several area community centers in the county. As a result of the pandemic, the seven Travis County Community Centers’ offices are closed to the public, except for food pantries, which are available by appointment.

Those interested in rent and utility assistance may access applications and complete with required documents, and turn applications in to the selected community center. If you have questions, please contact the community center you applied to. When a completed application is received, the application will be placed on a waiting list for that site. As the applicants turn arrives, a caseworker then reaches out to discuss the application and next steps.

In order to qualify, the following documents are required:

  • Photo ID (drivers’ license, military ID, State ID, etc.)
  • Social Security Card/Numbers for any household members who have them
  • Proof of ALL household income for the past 30 days (pay checks, check stubs, Social Security award letters for current year, unemployment, child support, workers compensation, etc.)
  • For utility assistance bring your current utility bill or termination notice
  • For rent or mortgage assistance bring current lease or mortgage statement
  • For CEAP Utility Assistance, proof of identification and citizenship is required for all household members

For details, or for information on application assistance click HERE.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *