Today’s Dealmaster is headlined by a few good leftover deals from the early Black Friday sales we highlighted last week. Though we’re still weeks away from Black Friday (and Cyber Monday) itself, it seems apparent that many retailers plan to make a fair amount of their advertised discounts available in the weeks leading up to the event. Not everything in our roundup below has been explicitly marketed as a Black Friday deal, but there are still a handful of excellent discounts available today that should match the prices we’ll see on Black Friday proper.
Among the most noteworthy of these offers is Bose’s QuietComfort 35 II for $199, which matches Best Buy’s advertised Black Friday deal. This ties the all-time lowest price for the wireless noise-canceling headphones and comes in about $100 below its typical street price online. Though it’s now a few years old, the QC 35 II remains supremely comfortable to wear for hours at a time, with a pleasantly balanced sound and noise cancellation that still ranks among the strongest you can buy. The trade-offs: you have to deal with microUSB charging instead of USB-C, the audio profile and noise-canceling effect aren’t as customizable as they are on other pairs like Sony’s WH-1000XM4, and you lose out on some advanced features like an ambient sound mode. But while we think the XM4 is a better option overall—we expect it to drop to $278 on Black Friday—the QC 35 II is an excellent value at this deal price.
Elsewhere, a number of Amazon’s Fire TV and Echo devices are down to advertised Black Friday prices, including Amazon’s Fire TV Stick 4K for $30. Although we saw this media streamer drop to $25 during Black Friday last year, today’s deal ties the lowest price we’ve seen in the year since and matches its going rate during Amazon Prime Day. In any event, we still recommend the Fire TV Stick 4K for those looking to stream 4K HDR video on the cheap: it runs and loads apps quickly, it has robust voice-search functionality through Alexa, and it supports Dolby Vision HDR. Roku’s Streaming Stick+ does 4K with a tidier-but-blander user interface, and Google’s latest Chromecast has fewer holes in its app library, but it’s possible to rectify the latter with a couple easy steps.
Beyond that, we’re also seeing early Black Friday deals on Beats’ Powerbeats Pro, LG’s CX and BX OLED TVs, and Samsung’s Galaxy Watch Active 2, among a couple others. You can see those offers, along with the rest of today’s best tech deals, in our full roundup below. And if you’re in the United States and haven’t voted in Tuesday’s elections, go out and rectify that as you do so.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 deals of the day
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Lenovo Yoga C940 two-in-one laptop—Intel Core i7-1065G7, 14-inch 3840×2160, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $1,199.99 at Best Buy (normally $1,500).
- Samsung 860 EVO (500GB) 2.5-inch SATA internal SSD for $54.99 at Amazon and B&H (normally $72).
- WD Elements (8TB) external desktop HDD for $129.99 at Amazon (normally $145).
Video game deals
TV and home entertainment deals
- 55-inch LG BX (2020 model) 4K HDR OLED TV for $1,296.99 at Amazon, B&H, and Best Buy (normally $1,500).
- 65-inch LG BX (2020 model) 4K HDR OLED TV for $1,796.99 at Amazon, B&H, and Best Buy (normally $2,100).
- 55-inch LG CX (2020 model) 4K HDR OLED TV for $1,396.99 at Amazon and B&H (normally $1,600).
- Costco Members only: 55-inch LG CX (2020 model) 4K HDR OLED TV + $100 Hulu gift card for $1,349.99 at Costco (normally $1,700).
- 65-inch LG CX (2020 model) 4K HDR OLED TV for $1,849.99 at Amazon (clip $47 coupon—normally $2,350).
- 65-inch Sony X750H (2020 model) 4K LED Android TV for $599.99 at Amazon (normally $750).
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K HDR media streamer for $29.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $50).
- Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite 1080p HDR media streamer for $17.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $30).
- Amazon Fire TV Cube 4K HDR media streamer + smart speaker for $79.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $120).
- Amazon Fire TV Recast (500GB) over-the-air DVR for $129.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $230).
Headphone and audio deals
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones for $199 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $300).
- Beats Powerbeats Pro (select colors) true wireless sports earphones for $159.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $240).
- Jabra Elite 75t true wireless earphones for $139.99 at Amazon (normally $165).
- Jabra Elite 65t true wireless earphones for $79.98 at Amazon (normally $100).
- Samsung Galaxy Buds true wireless earphones for $99.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $110).
- Tribit XSound Go portable Bluetooth speaker for $21.39 at Amazon (clip $5 coupon and use code: ZQ8XFYUS—normally $33).
- JBL Clip 3 portable Bluetooth speaker for $39.95 at Amazon (normally $60).
- EarFun Free true wireless earphones for $35.99 at Amazon (clip 10% coupon—normally $45).
- Jaybird X4 Bluetooth sports earphones for $49.99 at Amazon (normally $105).
- JLab Audio Rewind Wireless Bluetooth on-ear headphones for $12.75 at JLab Audio (use code: GOREED—normally $20).
Accessories and miscellaneous deals
- Samsung EVO Select (256GB) microSDXC card—UHS-I, U3, Class 10 for $29.99 at Amazon and Samsung (normally $35).
- Nekteck 60W PD Wall Charger—60W USB-C PD for $19.99 at Amazon (normally $26).
- Anker PowerLine II (3ft, MFi certified) USB-C to Lightning cable for $9.99 at Amazon (normally $14).
- Anker PowerLine III (6ft, 60W PD) USB-C to USB-C cable for $8.99 at Amazon (use code: ANKER8853—normally $18).
- Anker PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 USB-C hub—85W USB-C PD, USB-C, 2x USB 3.0, microSD, SD, HDMI ([email protected]) for $23.99 at Amazon (clip 20% coupon—normally $38).
- Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD portable battery—18W USB-C PD, USB-A, 20,000mAh for $34.99 at Amazon (clip $15 coupon—normally $50).
- Anker PowerPort Cube USB power strip—3x AC, 3x USB-A for $16.14 at Amazon (clip 15% coupon—normally $20).
- Anker PowerStrip Pad USB power strip—2x AC, 30W USB-C PD, 2x USB-A for $31.99 at Amazon (clip 20% coupon—normally $37).
- Prime only: Aukey PA-B3 USB-C wall charger—65W total, 65W USB-C PD, USB-A, GaN for $24.99 at Amazon (clip $5 coupon—normally $38).
- Vava VA-UC006 9-in-1 USB-C hub—49W USB-C PD, 2x USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI ([email protected]), SD, microSD, 3.5mm, Ethernet for $48.44 at Amazon (clip 5% coupon—normally $60).
- RAVPower RP-PC058 Qi wireless charger + Quick Charge 3.0 adapter—10W Galaxy/7.5W iPhone for $13.09 at RAVPower (use code: BACK60—normally $22).